I needed to change my manual transmission fluid as part of my 75,000 mile service on my 2008 Honda Fit (Jazz) Many people online suggested using the Red Line, and now I understand why. It absolutely improved shifting, including my occasional sloppy shift (where my timing is imperfect) and I am looking forward to increased mileage as well. Nice product.
GL-4 specific gear oil
If your manual transmission is feeling a little sloppy or the shifter is feeling notchy it's probably time for a drain and fill. Red Line fluids have a large user base who swear by the stuff.
Features and benefits:
- Popular for BMW, Honda and Acura, Ford Focus, late-model Mini Cooper, Land Rover/Range Rover LT77S, Dodge & Jeep NV1500, NV3500 and NV5600 truck transmissions
- Popular replacement for and improvement over GM Synchromesh® (#12345349) and Auto-Trak II® (#12378508) and Chrysler spec MS-9224
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage
- Offers quicker shifts, perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life
- Satisifies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 70W, 75W, 80W, and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30, 10W30, and 5W30
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3, and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified
About Red Line gear oil for manual transmissions:
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
Since 1986 FCP has specialized in replacement car parts for European and Import vehicles. We are recognized in the enthusiast community as being the source for Genuine and OEM quality parts at the best possible price. We source and ship globally and often buy directly from the factory so we can pass the savings on to you. We only sell parts we would use on our own cars and we back them with a one year guarantee. We have over 100,000 parts on our site for European and Asian Imports, so if you can’t find it here, call us at 877-634-0063 and chances are our bilingual US based support team can get it for you. At FCP cars are more than transportation or a business, it’s our passion.
Red Line MTL 75W80 Gear Oil (1 Quart) - 50204
- Red Line
- SKU #:
- Gear Oil
- OE Numbers:
- 83522-50204, 70W80, 22953
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.
My favorite oil for my e30's manual transmission. A bit more expensive than other oils, but it is worth it.