For vehicles with a standard suspension
This is a set of lowering springs designed for BMW E39's with a 6 cylinder. These are a progressive rate design spring so they deliver maximum performance and driving comfort. We recommend that these springs be installed with a Bilstein Sport or equivalent shock/strut combo for maximum performance and durability.
Front Lowering: 1.3" Rear Lowering: 0.75"
About Coil Spring Lowering Kits
While shocks and struts keep your car from bouncing, your springs help to limit how far your car will lean in a turn. If your car is starting to lean more severely in a turn, then it is likely you need to replace the springs. You can replace your springs with OEM style springs to return to “like new” handling or you can opt for a performance spring which is firmer and shorter (typically) to improve handling and appearance. Just note that stiffer spring also means a firmer ride.
Back in the late 1970s, Werner Heine and Heinz Remmen identified the need for improved suspension on vehicles driving around the streets of Germany. As they each had several years of both personal and professional automotive experience, they decided to join forces and H&R was born. H&R is known for their suspension parts. They produce high quality springs, sway bars, wheel spacers and coil over kits. Their springs are designed to lower the car while firming up the handling. The result is a customized look because of the way it sits. Today H&R offers an impressive line of products and suspension applications. They feature four different spring product lines, an entire sway bar program, and six coil over product lines. The parts are specifically designed and tailored to each vehicle. H&R focuses on making sure their products increase the handling of a vehicle while retaining personal comfort. Their products are 100% German designed and manufactured, with a strict focus on performance. Expect H&R parts to work out of the box.
Since 1986 FCP has specialized in replacement car parts for European and Import vehicles. We are recognized in the enthusiast community as being the source for Genuine and OEM quality parts at the best possible price. We source and ship globally and often buy directly from the factory so we can pass the savings on to you. We only sell parts we would use on our own cars and we back them with a one year guarantee. We have over 100,000 parts on our site for European and Asian Imports, so if you can’t find it here, call us at 877-634-0063 and chances are our bilingual US based support team can get it for you. At FCP cars are more than transportation or a business, it’s our passion.
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 BMW 525i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2002 BMW 525i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2003 BMW 525i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 1997 BMW 528i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 1998 BMW 528i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 1999 BMW 528i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2000 BMW 528i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2001 BMW 530i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2002 BMW 530i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- 2003 BMW 530i Coil Spring Lowering Kit
BMW Lowering Springs (525i 528i 530i E39) - H&R Sport 29742-1
- SKU #:
- Coil Spring Lowering Kit
- OE Numbers:
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.