had a shake at 55 to 85 and ordered the kit control arms and bushings and wow what a great ride. i had a clunking noise which it took care of only really needed bushings but changed it all anyway
BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
The E46 M3 is one of the most widely recognized sports cars on the market. It's handling prowess is world renowned and that reputation comes in part due to it's beefier, more aggressive suspension over standard E46's.
One of the E46 M3's Achilles heels is it's control arm ball joints and control arm bushings. These components wear out over years of driving and countless of thousands miles of driving. The ball joints are known to deteriorate and have excessive amounts of play. The control arm bushings are also known to tear completely allowing the control arm to move freely. Both of these failures typically result in the following issues:
- Clunking and popping can be heard when vehicle travels over bumps or dips in the road
- Your steering feels disconnected from the rest of the car
- Vehicle is slow to react to steering input
- Vehicle wanders around and has difficulty driving in straight line
- Vehicle cannot be aligned properly due to play in suspension components
It is good practice to replace these components if your M3 has more than 80K miles on original factory components. Mileage required for change may be less if the car is driven harder than average (autocross, track days, etc.)
This control arm kit comes with everything you need to complete the install.
How to Replace your BMW Control Arm, Bushings & Ball Joint (Video)
We're here with Zach Miller to show you how to replace the control arm, bushings and ball joint on an E46 BMW. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions 1-877-634-0063
Lemforder is one of the most popular manufacturers of replacement parts for European automobiles in the world. Lemforder is a quality innovator in the fields of steering and suspension system parts, and is often the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) of suspension parts for car brands like Volvo, BMW,, Mercedes Benz and more. Lemforder is a subsidiary of ZF, who is also known for their high end development of car parts, specifically including some amazing innovations including the 8-speed automatic transmission. When replacing suspension system components, Lemforder is easily one of the best choices any auto enthusiast can make. So spell it Lemförder , or Lemforder or Lemfoerder, we’ll still know what you’re talking about!
Since 1986 FCP has specialized in replacement car parts for European and Import vehicles. We are recognized in the enthusiast community as being the source for Genuine and OEM quality parts at the best possible price. We source and ship globally and often buy directly from the factory so we can pass the savings on to you. We only sell parts we would use on our own cars and we back them with a one year guarantee. We have over 100,000 parts on our site for European and Asian Imports, so if you can’t find it here, call us at 877-634-0063 and chances are our bilingual US based support team can get it for you. At FCP cars are more than transportation or a business, it’s our passion.
This Kit Includes:
|1x Suspension Control Arm||31122229453||Lemforder||$416.95|
|1x Suspension Control Arm||31122229454||Lemforder||$416.95|
|1x Suspension Control Arm Bushing Kit||31122229623L||Lemforder||$137.18|
|1x Suspension Control Arm Bushing Kit||31122229624||Lemforder||$137.18|
|MSRP (bought separately):||$1,108.25|
|Our kit price:||$619.16|
Fits These Cars:
- 2001 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
- 2002 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
- 2003 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
- 2004 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
- 2005 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
- 2006 BMW M3 Control Arm Kit
BMW Control Arm Kit (E46 M3) - Lemforder E46M3CAKIT
- SKU #:
- Control Arm Kit
- OE Numbers:
- 31122229453, 31122229454, 31122229623, 31122229624, 104489
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.