BMW Repair Manual: 5 Series (E28): 1982-1988
This book is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications for the BMW E28 (5-Series cars from 1982-1988). Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourselfer, this manual will provide you with the information to help you understand, maintain, and repair systems on 5-Series cars.
548 pages, contains 758 illustrations and diagrams.
BMW E28 Models and engines covered in this BMW repair manual:
-528e (B27, 2.7 liter)
-533i (B32, 3.2 liter)
-535i (B34, 3.5 liter)
-535is (B34, 3.5 liter)
BMW E28 Transmissions covered in this BMW repair manual:
-Getrag 260 (with integral bellhousing)
-Getrag 265 (with removable bellhousing)
-Complete preventive maintenance procedures from the yearly brake fluid change to resetting the oil service indicator and oxygen sensor lights. This manual tells you what to do, how and when to do it and why it's important. Many of the maintenance recommendations exceed factory-recommended service intervals and are designed to extend your BMW's service life.
-Detailed troubleshooting and repair information for these Bosch fuel injection and engine management systems: Motronic (528e, 533i, 535i, 535is) and Motronic 1.1 (528e from March 1987).
-This Motronic 1.1 service information is not covered in BMW's factory repair manual.
-Comprehensive Engine Management information for specific BMW 5-Series driveability problems, including troubleshooting electronically-controlled idle speed faults that are frequently misdiagnosed.
-Troubleshooting tips with fast, proven repair procedures used by BMW technicians and specialists.
-Critical updates and hard-to-find information from dealer service bulletins, such as how to replace the camshaft timing belt, sprocket and tensioner with the correct Z-127 update, and cylinder head bolt replacement on 528e models.
-Large, easy-to-read wiring schematics for major circuits, along with a full listing of ground points, connector and splice locations, and electronic component locations.
-Procedures and specifications for rebuilding engines and manual transmissions.
BMW 5 Series(E28) 1982-1988 Manual BSIN: B588 ISBN: 0-8376-1694-8 (ISBN-10) ISBN: 978-0-8376-1694-0 (ISBN-13)
About Repair Manuals
Its great to be handy and fun for most of us to work on our own car, but its difficult to know everything about your car, which is why one of the handiest tools in your tool is a service manual. For those times when you need some direction, but not about to ask.
About Robert Bentley
Robert Bentley shop manuals are comprehensive and easy to understand so car owners can maintain and repair their own cars. Even those that choose to use a professional can benefit from these manuals by becoming an educated consumer when speaking to their mechanic.
Robert Bentley is without a doubt one of the most recognized names in the automotive repair manual business. Their comprehensive manuals contain the repair information provided by the car manufacturer to their factory-trained technicians, making it an invaluable resource.
Since 1986 FCP has specialized in replacement car parts for European and Import vehicles. We are recognized in the enthusiast community as being the source for Genuine and OEM quality parts at the best possible price. We source and ship globally and often buy directly from the factory so we can pass the savings on to you. We only sell parts we would use on our own cars and we back them with a one year guarantee. We have over 100,000 parts on our site for European and Asian Imports, so if you can’t find it here, call us at 877-634-0063 and chances are our bilingual US based support team can get it for you. At FCP cars are more than transportation or a business, it’s our passion.
Fits These Cars:
- 1982 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1983 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1984 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1985 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1986 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1987 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1988 BMW 528e Repair Manual
- 1983 BMW 533i Repair Manual
- 1984 BMW 533i Repair Manual
- 1985 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1986 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1987 BMW 535i Repair Manual
- 1988 BMW M5 Repair Manual
BMW Repair Manual (5 Series) - Bentley B588
- Robert Bentley
- SKU #:
- Repair Manual
- OE Numbers:
- B588, 16384
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.