Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E and SAE J2360 applications
This 75W90 GL-5 gear oil is designed for transmission and trans-axles. It is specifically designed to slow synchros for easier shifting across a broad range of temperatures. It is particularly popular in Ferrari, Porsche, and Subaru trans-axles. It also contains extreme pressure additives but lacks friction modifiers to balance slipperiness. In addition, it has improved copper corrosion protection to prolong synchro life.
For differentials, it helps lock up weak limited sleep differentials ad is compatible with Red Line Limited Slip Friction Modifier for tuning slippage. It is also used with clutch type LSD's in racing for maximum lock up.
About Red Line gear oil for manual transmissions:
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other's synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
Red Line 75W90 NS GL-5 Gear Oil (1 Quart) - 58304
- Red Line
- SKU #:
- Gear Oil
- OE Numbers:
- CS ID:
- Guaranteed to Fit, Guaranteed for Life We guarantee the fit and quality of our parts for life. If it doesn’t meet your expectations send it back for a replacement or refund. Learn more
- Fitment Verified This product application guide has been tested to ensure it will accurately fit the cars outlined in our fitment guide.
- Shop With Confidence We respect your privacy; we always keep your information confidential.
- What If I Need to Return This Item? Not a problem! If you are not happy with your purchase, we will gladly help you exchange or return your items, provided you follow the guidelines outlined in our Returns Policy.